Description and Scope of the Session:
In past few years a significant research has been done on training Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) with swarm intelligence (SI) techniques rather than the standard technique of back-propagation, evolving the topology of neural networks and so on. However, there is still a large gap between the researchers of swarm intelligence and artificial neural network exists. Hence, to bridge the gap between these two disciplines of knowledge an integration of swarm intelligence and artificial neural network is required. As a result this will provide a new forum for dissemination of knowledge in both theoretical and applied research on swarm intelligence and artificial neural network. This forum accelerates interaction between the above two bodies of knowledge, and fosters a unified development in the next generation computational model for machine learning.
Theoretical Foundations of both SI and ANN
- Introduction to Swarm Intelligence and Neural Network
- Particle Swarm Optimization
- Ant Colony Optimization
- Bee Colony Optimization
- Artificial Neural Network
- Evolving Artificial Neural Network using Swarm Intelligence
Advances of SI and ANN
- Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization
- Multi-objective Ant colony Optimization
- Higher Order Neural Network
- Polynomial Neural Network
Hybridization of SI and ANN
- Evolution of Polynomial Neural Network Using Swarm Intelligence
- Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization for Neural Network
- Ant Colony Optimization for Neural Architecture Evolution
- Bee Colony Optimization for Weight Optimization of Neural Network
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Data mining
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Image Processing
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Pattern Recognition
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Bioinformatics
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Robotics
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Web mining
- Swarm intelligence and neural network for Marketing
Paper Submission and Publication:
Authors are encouraged to submit the papers for this session as an email attachment to the Session Chair given below. The papers should be in MSWORD, PDF, or PS format and should be formatted according to the Springer Lecture Notes instructions. The length of a paper should not exceed 20 pages. Shorter papers or papers on the work currently in progress are also welcome. The first page of the paper should contain the title, name(s) of the authors, affiliations, the postal and email addresses, and at least 3 keywords appropriate to the content of the paper. Further information regarding the paper submission can be obtained from the conference website too.
Each paper will be peer reviewed by at least two experts in the topical area. All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under the title of the session.
You may contact the conference chairs at iicai.conference[at]gmail.com
for any additional information.
May 1 2009: Paper manuscripts due.
June 15 2009: Notification of acceptance.
July 6 2009: Camera ready papers and Pre-registration due.
December 16-18, 2009: Special Session and the IICAI-09 Conference.
Few of the selected paper (the extended version) will be published as a book chapter in our impending book from World Scientific Press entitled “INTEGRATION OF SWARM INTELLIGENCE AND ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK” to be edited by Dr. Satchidananda Dehuri, Department of Information and Communication Technology, Fakir Mohan University, INDIA, Dr. Susmita Ghosh, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700 032, INDIA and Prof. Sung-Bae Cho, Department of Computer Science, Yonsei University, South Korea.
Dr. Satchidananda Dehuri, Ph.D.
Reader & Head
Department of Information and Communication Technology,
Fakir Mohan University, Vyasa Vihar,
Balasore-756019, Orissa, India.
Phone: +91-94373-89873 (Mobile)
Back to Special Events