A Special Session on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery will be held during the 4th Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI-09).
Topics related to the theory, design, analysis, and implementation of data mining applications are of interest. These include, but are not limited to:
Data mining tasks
- Deviation and outlier detection
- Explorative and visual data mining
- Mining sequences and sequential data
- Mining spatial and temporal data
- Mining textual and unstructured data
- High performance implementations of data mining algorithms
- Developing theory of data mining
Data mining process
- Data pre-processing, data reduction, feature selection, and feature transformation
- Quality assessment, interestingness analysis, and post-processing
- Statistical foundations for robust and scalable data mining
- Automating the mining process and other process related issues
- Dealing with cost sensitive data and loss models
- Security, privacy, and data integrity
- Missing value imputation
Data mining applications
- Mining high speed data streams
- Mining sensor data
- Distributed data mining
- Mining in networked settings
- Data mining in electronic commerce
- Multi-database mining
Paper Submission and Publication:
Authors are encouraged to submit the papers for this session as an email attachment to the Session Chair given below. The papers should be in MSWORD, PDF, or PS format and should be formatted according to the Springer Lecture Notes instructions. The length of a paper should not exceed 20 pages. Shorter papers or papers on the work currently in progress are also welcome. The first page of the paper should contain the title, name(s) of the authors, affiliations, the postal and email addresses, and at least 3 keywords appropriate to the content of the paper. Further information regarding the paper submission can be obtained from the conference website too.
Each paper will be peer reviewed by at least two experts in the topical area. All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under the title of the session.
You may contact the conference chairs at iicai.conference[at]gmail.com
for any additional information.
May 1 2009: Paper manuscripts due.
June 15 2009: Notification of acceptance.
July 6 2009: Camera ready papers and Pre-registration due.
December 16-18, 2009: Special Session and the IICAI-09 Conference.
Department of Computer Science
S P Chowgule College
Margao, Goa - 403 601, India
Phone: 91-0832-2759504 / 2759231/ 2759232 (o), 2312946 (r)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Back to Special Events